Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Emotional.

So today I got rather emotional and I'm not really sure why. I sat down to rock Noah before nap and as I held him and rocked him the tears started to flow. He sat up and gave me a sweet kiss and then laid his head back down and the tears kept coming. I had no idea what started them but in that moment I thought about the first time I held him and the last time his birth mom held him and I was overwhelmed with how much I love him and how blessed I am. He sat up and wanted to go in his crib and I almost hated to put him down. It was one of those times when I wished he would fall asleep in my arms because I just wanted to hold him and not let go. Maybe his birth mom is thinking about him today and crying for her baby boy. Perhaps our hearts are connected by the love we share for this precious child and I was feeling her pain. Whatever the reason its real, its raw, its emotion , its love and it didn't take shared DNA to create it.

3 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

I completely have those moments.....Blessings from heaven. Thank you for sharing.

Tisha Alexander said...

Renee, that was beautiful! You are a wonderful mother.

The Hull's at #4 said...

I have them too, those tears just start and his mom comes to mind and my thankfulness to God and His goodness just smack me! You are blessed my friend!