Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 3, 2009

A new year,good friends, and more baby gifts.

So its a new year and I"m happy to put 2008 behind us. It was a year filled with much stress, mountains of paperwork, dr appointments,home visits by several different agencies, interviews with a social worker ,fingerprinting..etc . This will be the year that we see our little guy's sweet face and get to travel to Ethiopia and bring him home. 2009 will be the year we become a family and I finally become a Mom (to something other then animals). I couldn't be happier to bring in 2009. Our agency reopens on Monday and we are hoping and praying that a flood of referrals are coming. I would love to be able to make another post very soon saying I have a little boy. Alot of families have gotten thru courts and will be traveling this month to bring home their children and we pray for safe travels and an easy adjustment for those families. We also pray for those still waiting for courts,travel and referrals that they will find peace in the wait and trust in god's plan for their journey.
Yesterday we got togeather with friends that we didn't get to see around the holidays. We had a fun night of dinner ,dessert and games. I think Sean and I need to study our disney movies before we have a rematch. We had a great time and received some more awesome stuff for Noah. I have said it before our little man is so loved already and so many people are waiting to find out who he is. I have no doubt he will be a spoiled little man.
Thank you Monica, John ,Cathy and Cayla for all the great gifts. I'm sure Sean and Noah will have lots of fun with the football. We can't wait to show you guys pics of Noah.

6 comments:

Kristi J said...

So exciting...I love seeing your baby with gifts!! I know this must be extra hard when it is your first child...I am distracted which help..but as I was telling Dawn...I'm especially praying for you families getting your first child!!! Can't wait to see your good news this week, kristi

Maria and Family said...

Thinking about you today!! I LOVE all the baby gifts. doesnt that just warm your heart knowing everyone loves your baby boy just like you do !?!? Soo cool!!

nell ann said...

I'm sure by now you are crawling out of your skin. Tomorrow will come soon enough. Perhaps you will email me! Just don't let me find out via listserv. I don't have the nerves for that! It's too close. Man, I hope I am not this rattled all month until February. I'm super excited about it!!! But I need to focus on other things. Other things. Other things...

jody said...

well, it will be soon enough my friend! just relax and enjoy the wait-it will sneak up on you before you know it!!

Kristi J said...

OK.....I need some scoop...I'm hearing some good rumors...post something before I die of excitment...and put me in contact with "kim" #1 on the girls..I hear you talk with her...so excited to hear something, kristi

nell ann said...

ok lady. you're taking too long! the suspense is killing us!