Today is Noah Tamirat's first birthday.
One year ago today Sean and I were on our way home from a fun vacation in Tennesee. We were praying that our homestudy would be waiting in our mailbox so we could mail our dossier to AGCI and finally get a spot on that waitlist. It seemed so long ago that we had signed contracts with them. Our case manager had told us before we left to try not to think about things and just enjoy our vacation but our son was never far from our mind. We wondered about him and his birth mom constantly. Little did we know that on the day we were traveling home to Maryland he was being born in Ethiopia. Did his mom have any idea at this time that her son would be raised far away in a different country?
We are so blessed to have been given the gift of Noah Tamirat. He is our joy.
12 things about Noah
1. He is very strong willed & determined. I hope this serves him well later in life
2. He is very curious. We are hoping this leads him to amazing discoveries and not into trouble
3. He is a good eater. Noah is still eating mainly formula and baby food but he also eats some table food and we haven't found anything he won't eat. He likes chicken, olives, grapefruit, cheese, oranges..
4. He loves his bathtime and we can't wait to see how he likes his pool.
5. He is a happy & loud boy
6. He is already becoming a baseball fan. We turn the tv on to the orioles game and he screams..not sure if they are cheers or screams of frustration. He wouldn't be the first orioles fan to scream in frustration i'm sure.
7. He is very loving. We cuddle alot and he gives kisses more freely.
8. He loves mommy & daddy. He might go to others for a brief time but he doesn't want mom or dad out of his sight for long.
9. He has grown so much in the 2 short months he's been with us.
10. He took his first steps on May 18th just a couple days short of 11 months old and 2 days short of being with us for a month. I told Almaz it wouldn't be long
11. He is so loved by everyone that meets him
12. He is our beautiful, determined,strong willed, loving, ,happy, excitable, wonderful little big man
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOAH TAMIRAT we can't wait to celebrate many more with you.