Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Off to Ethiopia.

Well the day is finally here we are leaving today for Ethiopia. The time has come to bring our boy home. Before I go I want to thanks everyone for all the love, support and prayers through this journey. Our next post will be from home as a family of 3. I would love to tell you that i'm calm cool and collected right now but umm well i'm not gonna lie so we'll leave it at that.
So last night I had a dream about Noah Tamirat. He was speaking words Ok maybe it was amarhic baby babble that I translated into words the only thing I remember that he said was "I not Noah , I Tamirat" What does that mean?? No idea we know that he recognizes his name maybe at this age it will be hard for him to learn a new one we'll work on it slowly.
Another cool story. I have a watch that has duel time settings so I wanted to leave one on american time and put the other on Ethiopian time. This morning when I went to put the second time setting on ethiopian time it was already set correctly with the exception of the date...a god-incidence perhaps..I think he's telling us its time to go and get our son.
A few things you can pray for while we are gone
1. safe flights for us and the other traveling families this week there are 7 familes all togeather and i think 8 kids coming home. Two of them older boys.
2. That God has prepared Noah's heart to accept us as his parents
3. For me specifically to control my emotions when I meet Noah Tamirat for the first time. I think it might be a little scary to him if i'm crying hysterically.
And now i'm off on and Ethiopian adventure.

5 comments:

Marcia said...

Oh Renee, I am so excited for you guys! I will be praying for you the entire time you are gone.

Have a safe and wonderful trip! I am thrilled that it is time to bring your boy home!!Please give him plenty of squeezes from his WI family!

I can't wait to hear from you when you return home!

One last piece of advice - take as many pictures as your conscience will allow - LOL!!

Love ya,
Marcia

Troy said...

can't wait for your next post :)

I saw from Jody's blog you guys made it there safely ... by this time, you've already met Noah, went to lunch and shopping, and are back probably picking him up to take you back to the hotel :)

very cool.

Mandy said...

I'm sure you are holding him right now... I can't wait to hear all about it when you guys get home!

nell ann said...

I know you won't be reading this until you're back home in MD, but I want you to know that I am thinking of you today -- the day you meet your son -- and praying for your little family.

I can't wait to see pictures of you all together! : )

The Hull's at #4 said...

Can't believe you are really there! By now you have baby Noah, and you are a bigger family now! Congratulations and HURRY HOME!!!