Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Goodbye 2009 and a referral anniversary.

One year ago we went to bed knowing that we were #1 for a baby boy. Oh how hard it was to sleep that night and I can still feel the ache in my stomach like it was yesterday. How much anxiety January 6th held not knowing if our call would come or if we would get the call that we were officially #1 and we would wait some more.

Around 3:30 in the afternoon we got the call that rocked our world there was a beautiful little boy in Ethiopia waiting for parents. This is our first look at our little boy.

By far the most adorable boy we had ever seen. I can't believe it's been a year since we saw this sweet picture.

2009 was an amazing blessed year for our family. We saw our boys face for the first time in pictures on january 6th.

on feb 6th we got the call that we had been assigned a court date in Ethiopia for March 31st.

April 1st we got the call that Noah Tamirat was legally an Albright

April 20th we became a family as we held our little boy in our arms for the very first time.

I can't wait to see what is in store for us in 2010 as we watch Noah grow into our family. He is everything we dreamed of and more.

4 comments:

The Hull's at #4 said...

I remember this time SO well!! We were right behind you and #1 for awhile! I remember just staring at his picture wondering what our little boy would look like! What a wonderful year this has been. WE LOVE YOU NOAH TAMIRAT!!!

JonesEthiopia said...

He is so precious!

Kelly said...

So sweet.

nell ann said...

I remember! I also thought your baby was the cutest baby I'd ever seen. Now that I have my own though...

so precious!
my how the time flies!!!